SiberianFox.com Siberian Fox Network Testing and Development Forum.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Promote
SiberianFox.com

Soviet-Empire Account Move Done

Log-in to remove these advertisements.
36% Corrupt
Musings: 734
Ideology: None
36% Corrupt
Post 10 May 2011, 14:29
Well, last week the move of the Soviet-Empire.com database didn't go to plan. I didn't consider it a large site, since compared to the Politics Forum it isn't, but it was still big enough to cause some issues. Anyway, I used a better method to move the database today and the transition from the old account to the new one seems to have gone smoothly. If you spot any errors on soviet-empire.com please post them there.

The next account to be moved with be PoliticsForum.co.uk, but that's currently on a different server altogether.

Regarding the fight against spam, I've decided to use Stop Forum Spam's latest 24-hour IP list to ban several thousand IPs used by spammers from registering on the forum. Since these IPs change al the time they are only banned for one month and I'll see what effect if any it has in that time. If it does have a positive impact then I'll probably start mass-banning IPs using their lists in future.
Log-in to submit your comments and remove Infolinks advertisements.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
Political Forums: The Politics Forum, The UK Politics Forum. Historical Forums: The U.S.S.R. Forum, The History Forum.
© 2004- Siberian Fox network. Privacy.