SiberianFox.com Siberian Fox Network Testing and Development Forum.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Promote
SiberianFox.com

Forum Ads

Log-in to remove these advertisements.
36% Corrupt
Musings: 734
Ideology: None
36% Corrupt
Post 21 Apr 2011, 13:34
I've spent the last two days working on the positioning of the ads in the forum topic lists. I've decided to do away with the horizontal banner and take advantage of the new multi-column layout to display a vertical 'skyscraper' banner instead. The new banner will display in the centre of the page between the columns. Getting it to display properly in Internet Explorer (which doesn't support CSS columns) was a bit of a pain, but it's done now. All that remains is to add some code for Webkit browsers (like Chrome), but that's pretty much the same as Mozilla Firefox so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

I had originally planned to use the same rectangle banner for all pages (336x280 pixels), but it just doesn't fit well with the topic listing page. That said, if the new banner format doesn't perform as well or better than the old one I might try a rectangle banner within the topic listing itself, but that's not my first choice as I think it's too obtrusive.
Log-in to submit your comments and remove Infolinks advertisements.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
Political Forums: The Politics Forum, The UK Politics Forum. Historical Forums: The U.S.S.R. Forum, The History Forum.
© 2004- Siberian Fox network. Privacy.